Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, May 13, 2018

  Happy Mother's Day!  But perhaps you are looking at today with regret and brokenness.  Maybe you find yourself mourning that which you never had.  If so, here are some survival tips for you.
  We begin with a key provided by Maya Angelou, who said, "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."  The first and hardest step is choosing to be grateful because you are alive and your life matters!
  Out first tip is found in Psalm 139:13 "You fashioned my innermost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb."  God knew you from your very beginning.  The evidence is literally within your heart.  Your heart has four chambers - the atriums at the top and the ventricles at the bottom.  Your atrium as smaller than your ventricles.  When you look at the walls between your chambers, they form a cross.  God sealed you with His kiss from the very start.  You were created by LOVE!
  This tip may be difficult but hear me out.  Pastor Dale preached a message in which he spoke about your family shaping who you are today.  I can only speak from personal experience.  I am a fiercely independent person today due to my less than desirable childhood.  You must give thanks for your mother today regardless of the events from the past.
  In addition, look for the positives.  I am grateful to my mum for my family across the pond.  I am also grateful to my mum for being born Jewish!  Being born Jewish with a Dutch heritage is like experiencing a double rainbow.
  Finally, we all need to acknowledge the women of influence that God has planted in our path.  My godmother was the main influence in my life, in many ways like a mother to me.  I was so blessed that she lived to be 109. I would also like to acknowledge the woman whose words propelled this article.  An finally, I am honoured to express my gratitude for my church mum.  she continues to nurture and encourage my creativity.
  I hop and pray that this article blesses you and makes your day a little brighter!  Happy Mother's Day!
- MJ

Comments