Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, April 8, 2018

  And who is my neighbour? The teacher asked Jesus. (Luke 12:29) And with these words ringing in our ears, we are reminded to be a good neighbour.
I know what this looks like when I see someone stranded on the side of the highway, with cellphone in sight. I know what this looks like when my next-door neighbour comes to borrow my rake (actually, I don’t own a rake, but I could use one this spring – should I buy one or should I borrow my neighbours?) Sorry! I digress … we know how to be good neighbours, but how do we do that as a Church? Good question!
  Currently, Hope Fellowship rents out our facilities to neighbours, sharing our wonderful campus with many other organizations – soccer teams, daycares, dance troupes, Ontario Hydro, VariSafe, Family Conferences, just to name a few. But how do we share our resources with individual neighbours? An even better question!
  Three times now we have hosted a free family fun event that we are calling Courtice Family Movie Night. These events invite our individual neighbours to come into our wonderful sanctuary, sit in our soft pew-chairs, watch a movie on our ultra-large movie screen, listen to our cinema sound system, and eat professional popcorn at a very affordable movie rate. All of these great resources that we share plus the time of our many volunteers as well. Sounds like we are being a good neighbour – doesn’t it? So you and your neighbours (regardless of where you live) can come and receive a gift from Hope Fellowship as we share the resources God has given to us. We seek to be generous.
  But there’s a catch, isn’t there? Actually no. We seek no compensation or reciprocal gesture. But we do expect that the Holy Spirit is working in the hearts of all who enter into our premises, and these people begin to think of Hope Fellowship as their home church. And when the Spirit moves them, or when a need arises that they need a church, why, they will know right where to find us.
  Hopeful, yes? Confident, I would add.
- Pastor Dale

Comments