Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, September 20, 2015

  Many of you know that Claire and I were in London, England for 2 weeks from Aug.19 – Sept.1. What people don’t know is that God had been placing things in order since Thanksgiving weekend 2013. Claire and I got hit by a car while crossing at the main intersection in Bowmanville. As a result, I received ligament damage to my right knee and used crutches for at least 6 weeks. Then came the months of physiotherapy. I had to get legal assistance to sue for pain and suffering.
  Romans 8:28 talks about how all things work together for good. God took the accident and began working it together for good. At my 50th birthday party last year, a few friends began an English trip fund for me, so that I would eventually get to England. Having not been on any vacation for at least 20 years, I had my doubts. But despite my serious doubts, I began to believe that with God, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). Thanksgiving 2014 brought about a sizeable insurance settlement that meant the trip was becoming a real possibility.
  However, hopes would once again be tried. On the Monday evening before Christmas, my sister fell and broke her left ankle in 3 places. Surgery on Christmas Eve and 3 months of residential rehabilitation care followed. I used the trip to England as an incentive for her to get up and begin walking. Finally, everything was in place and with the help of our close friend, Rabbi Steve, our flight was booked.
  Our family gathering happened on Aug.30 in England with 27 family members from my mum’s side in attendance. This was a miracle in itself. Beneath the smiling faces seen on Facebook is God’s healing power. Healing for this generation and the next from a deep past of incest, unknown adoptions, suicide attempts, and abuse of all types. Stories that I am willing to share if asked. God is truly our provider and our healer on more levels than I can count!!! God took all the brokenness and created a beautiful family mosaic!!!
- MJ

Comments