Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, March 15, 2015

A God Moment

  Recently I had to get my SUV fixed, a true test of faith for any Christian.
  It was going to be a couple of days before I got the bill but I went to the bank and took out $800.
  Of course you know what always happens when you have cash in your pocket. There’s always something you need. A snack, a diet Pepsi, a newspaper, dry cleaning, ink, envelopes, Tim’s, you get the picture.
  Anyway I’m not keeping track of how much I’m spending and constantly thinking whether I will have to go to the ATM.
  Fortunately the man in possession of my 12-year-old Buick Rendezvous was an old friend named Hyson. Born in Lebanon and a believer in our great Lord, we met while short order cooks at an O’Toole’s restaurant in Pickering more than 30 years ago.
  So I’m waiting for the call from my friend telling me how much the repair was going to cost still thinking “do I have enough?”
  My cell finally rings and at that moment I looked to the Heavens and said “God show me mercy and a little grace”.
  My friend starts by telling me he saved me $170 on the parts and we didn’t have to do this and that his mechanic Scott put in lots of time when I said “STOP! My friend, I have known you so long and trust you so much that whatever you say is a fair price.” Then he said $650.00 and I immediately thought “Do I have enough?”
  So I grabbed my jeans and looked to the Heavens once again and said “Lord, need some help here.” So I started emptying my pockets of bills and coins and started counting.
  When I was finished I started laughing and said “Thank You Lord” because what was displayed in front of me was $649.75. It wasn’t enough but He was reminding me that he can’t do all the work.
  That was my God Moment.
- Peter H.

Comments