Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, March 30, 2014

  When we purchased the JAM City curriculum in 2010, it was the plan that it would be reused at the end of a cycle. Well, that cycle is ending soon and I went looking for the material we used in the beginning. I wanted to copy the curriculum for our small group and large group leaders, but realized that what I needed was not on a disc. That’s how I retrieved all our other material, but when we first starting using the material, all the lessons were hand photocopied. My experience with this material has been to print everything I need from the computer.
  So I turned on my computer and then almost had a panic attack when I realized that what I needed wasn’t on the computer and it would require hours of time to copy everything for all the leaders. I called Nicole (who was Children’s Zone Coordinator before I took on the job) to ask if I was missing something because I was worried that it would take me months to do the photocopying (maybe a tad over-exaggerated) and asked her "Did you actually hand copy all of it?"
  Her response was "You are not going to believe this but I just found the memory stick with all that information on it, and by just, I mean five minutes ago.” She told me that Connie had spent hours copying ALL of the Units and Lessons (trust me, it is a LOT) and then saved them all on a pretty orange stick. It also happened that Paul was on his way to the church for youth, so within 10 minutes of my phone call, I had the pretty orange stick with every single Lesson on it so I could just click and print the way I am accustomed to doing it.
  Wow, God is good and works in really fun ways!
  Thank you Nicole and Connie for all of this foresight and hard work!!!
- Joan Doorenspleet, Children’s Zone Coordinator



Comments