Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, April 6, 2014

  A real MAN doesn't eat quiche, cry at movies, have any public displays of affection and definitely doesn't meet in small groups to discuss his feelings! These are the typical stereotypes that men have had to live up to for centuries. Today’s man, like all men, was created by God’s hand and designed to have fellowship with Him. How can we do this? Follow after His Son, our example of God on earth. How can we do that? Read His word. 
  This is where my story begins. I thought my God life was in as good shape as my physical life, passable, a bible study here, a few pounds there, nothing serious. Some friends invited me to join a group of men and spend some time digging into God’s word. Sounded simple and harmless enough, just read the Bible, meet for a couple hours, and hang out with my friends, perfect. Selfishly, I didn't see God’s plan for me in this and when I said “yes” He had me where he wanted me. I met with my friends in a safe place where my eyes were opened to the lies I've been telling myself, lies I hide behind a busy life. God showed me that hidden things are destructive things and alone are impossible to overcome. 
  However, God said “yes” you’re ready to be accountable for your actions and ready to be healed. Accountability is the word that describes the life God showed me I need to live. To be accountable to: Him and follow His word, to my wife showing her my love as Christ loved us, to these men who support me and my desire to be a Godly Man. From creation our Lord wanted to have fellowship with us. He is waiting patiently for his children to come back to his arms and ask to be forgiven. He has always said “yes” to us, now say “yes” back to Him. My core has been shaken! My life has been redeemed! Praise be to God!
- Emilios



Comments