Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, May 13, 2012

  Have you been praying for someone to come to faith in Jesus, (or even just been praying for someone?) Often we don’t get to know how our prayers have been answered, but sometimes we do have an opportunity to hear.
  Last week a vehicle pulled into our driveway and out popped someone that had worked with us many years ago, along with his wife and children. We had continued to remain in contact over the years, although he ended up working somewhere else. While working, he met another Christian who invited him to Bible study and he became a Christian. During a visit a few years after becoming a Christian, he spoke of his sons going to Bible camp and boys’ club at church while he attended prayer meetings. He shared how he had opportunity at work to share with those who were feeling vulnerable about the difference that Jesus made in his life. Just before leaving, he looked me in the eye and said, ”Thanks for praying for me for all those years.”
  Wow! When I was praying, I never envisioned this day! I would have never expected that I would hear those words… we are not guaranteed that on this side of heaven...but I think God knew I needed to hear it.
  This is to encourage you to not give up hope that prayer DOES make a difference, but it is in God’s time, not our fast paced, instant result, want it now worldly pace. Thank you God!
  So may this give you hope….keep praying for others…pray for the long haul…it DOES make a difference.

Comments