Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, October 21, 2018

  Why is that when life gets busy one of the first things to suffer is my prayer life? As the schedule fills, time slips away. I may distractedly still go through the motions of reading my Bible, but my mind is already preoccupied with all that needs to be done for the day. Before long I realize an entire day has gone by and I’ve said little more than “Hey God – Hi, bye!”
  Working at a church you’d think I’d spend most of the day just talking to God. But that’s not always the case. Some days I get so busy working for God that I forget to take time to simply sit at his feet and listen for what he has to say.
  Over the past few months God has been reminding me of the importance and power of prayer. From the emphasis on prayer in the week of prayer and fasting to the heart-felt prayers of those leading in the worship services to the prayer partners who are available after each service to pray to the times set aside on Wednesday evenings and Thursday mornings for prayer, prayer is the heartbeat of life at Hope Fellowship Church. It’s a beautiful thing to see!
  This year as things ramp up and the schedule gets fuller, I feel challenged and encouraged to continue to make prayer a priority in my daily life. Will you join me? Maybe for you it looks like coming out and joining the prayer team on Wednesday night at 7pm or Thursday morning at 9:30am at church to pray for the needs of the community. Maybe it’s being intentional about setting aside time during the morning commute to dedicate the day ahead to God. Or maybe it’s turning a household task like folding laundry or doing dishes into a time for prayer.
  Whatever it looks like, I’m excited to see what God is going to do as he continues to be at work in and through us at Hope Fellowship Church and move powerfully through the prayers of his people!
- Nicole

Comments