Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, September 30 ,2018

  Approximately nine years ago, I started attending Hope Fellowship Church. I met a few people, but mostly attended church service and quickly departed afterwards. I lived a busy life with work, cycling, family and many more activities. Two and half years ago, my life was turned upside down when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 metastatic ovarian cancer. At this point a life group was created to help support me and hopefully to be a blessing to one another. We rotate meeting in one another homes, every couple weeks on a Sunday evening.
  We have come together and discussed, processed many church series. We have shared the triumphs, defeats and concerns in each of our lives. We pray together and lift each other up to Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.
  Our life group has also shared a number of fun experiences. BBQ's, potlucks, breakfasts, bonfires, sitting on patios and cards to name a few of our activities. In June, we had a farewell party for Fred and Joanne as they moved to Hamilton. This past summer, a few members of my life group, showed up and cleaned the overgrowth of vines/trees in my backyard. By the time you read this, my life group members, (will have done a "service day" at my house) to help me prepare it, to list it, so that I can downsize.
  Being connected within a community (in this case, a life group) is so important because you never know what curve balls life is going to throw at you.
- Ellen

Comments