Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, July 8, 2016

  November 2016 we hosted our first young adults conference called Misfit Generation.  Many new faces attended to check out this new thing happening in Courtice, Ontario.
  One of those new faces was a young man named Josh from Frankford, Ontario.  I had the privilege of spending my Saturday lunch break with him, hearing a bit of his story, his experience with church, and his desires - the why behind his decision to drive the hour to attend the conference.
  I'll be honest, his answer was quite blunt.  He said, 'Dylan, I'm here because I want to meet my future wife.'  What could I say? I didn't blame the guy, and quite honestly I was rather impressed with his forwardness.  He knew what he wanted, and he was making it clear.  Unfortunately, he didn't meet his future wife that Saturday, but he did begin making the hour-long drive from Frankford to Courtice for our Thursday night Ignite meetings.
  I wasn't long before he met Michelle.  Courting happened, a ring was purchased, and before we knew it, we were getting invitation to join them in their special day of hold matrimony.  Several weeks ago, a handful of us had the pleasure of witnessing their commitment to each other and to God at Community CRC in Frankford, followed by a beautiful celebration at the local community hall.
  The reason I share this story is because, through my lens, it is one of much hope.  Hope that we serve a God who so often gives us the desires of our hearts through intentional prayer.  Josh was very intentional with me, and with God, and by not surprise, God provided.  Your prayers may not be of a future spouse, but I'm certain you have prayers you're waiting on.  Don't be afraid to intentionally make them known.  Let God know that you trust Him and His promises such as the Psalmist in 37:4-5 who says to, 'Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
  Hope is alive everywhere, and there is so much joy in holding on to that hope with a believing heart.
- Dylan

Comments