Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, May 29, 2016

  On Wednesday, Pastor Steve showed me the hot tub that the Family Worship Centre is loaning us for Stand Up Sunday. It’s rectangular! “I thought it was round,” I exclaim, counting on a tub that rolled. “Four to six men will do it,” he assured me. Three men answer my call for help and join me: Ron, Rob and Len.
  On Thursday morning, my small screwdriver can’t budge the screws of the middle post of our loading doors. Rob brings a bigger screwdriver and a rechargeable drill. The screws still won’t budge. I walk past the Prayer Room to call for additional help. Two women are getting set to pray. “Pray about the screws, ” I joke. I’m on the phone when Rob suddenly stands at my door, smiling. “I Macgyvered it,” he said, showing me a wrench on his screwdriver’s handle.
  At the Family Worship Centre the team lifts the tub on a roll cart. Uh, oh! It’s too wide for the sanctuary doors. We tip it on end and a bucket of water pours out of the ports onto the carpet. Monique, their church administrative assistant, is right there to clean up. “I attended your church last Christmas Eve,” she says as she mops. “It was great! By the way, Sid is my grandpa.” On its side, we slide the tub on mats through the sanctuary doors, down the hall and out the church doors. Then it’s up and on the trailer.
  At Hope Fellowship we set the tub on its side again, drag it into place and begin filling it. When we turn it on too soon, the jets briefly create a water fountain. With enough water, everything circulates safely. The temperature is 54 degree Fahrenheit.
  By Friday morning the water is a lukewarm 85 and rising. Everything is on schedule for Sunday’s God-glorifying, people-inspiring testimonies and baptisms. I’m not ready to think about the adventure of returning the tub. The Lord provided the men and the means to get it here. He’ll provide whoever and whatever it takes to bring it back.
- Pastor Peter

Comments