Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, August 17, 2014

  From time to time I have the opportunity to bring a person with a need together with someone who has the resources to fill that need. It feels like I am a cog in a machine – just a small part of the process of doing God’s work here.
  In the spring I received an email from a former member, who was looking for some exposure for a writing workshop he was hosting in this area. After several emails were exchanged he sent me an email with a job posting for Bibles for Missions. Since I know that there are always people who are looking for something, I put the ad in the newsletter and then didn't think about it again.
  Several weeks later I heard from Kathy. Even though there were three qualifications listed for the job application and she only had one, she applied for the job. And she got it! When you hear her talk about what she does, you will know why. She speaks with great passion and enthusiasm about what she is doing and I know she brings a lot of life and energy to her work.
  One thing that confused both Kathy and the staff at Bibles for Missions is how I even got the job posting in the first place. It was not widely advertised and they couldn't figure out how it ended up at Hope Fellowship. It turns out that the man who sent it to me, Bill, was planning to run it in the magazine for which he is editor (Faith Today) and he thought, for some reason, he should send it to me. It was God's timing that I connected with Bill, who felt free to forward me the job posting so that Kathy could see it at a time when she was looking for a job. Now Kathy has a job and BFM has a wonderful, gifted, enthusiastic person to work in the store and represent them to the world.
  Sometimes being one of the cogs in a machine is a wonderful place to be!
- Evelyn



Comments