Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, December 16, 2012

  I’m not used to getting to work early, especially on Monday mornings, but on Nov. 26 I was here at Hope Fellowship before 8:00 a.m. But instead of heading for my desk and turning my computer on, I went to the sanctuary and started setting up chairs and tables – and ballot boxes and voting stations. Hope Fellowship was selected to be a polling station in our recent bi-election and I was asked to work at this station for the day.
  Though voter turn out was low, it was interesting to see the reaction of the people who came to vote here. Many commented on the fact that they weren't even aware that there was a church here. Several were excited to see what had been created out of their old school. Some people took some time and just stood and soaked in the peace that people experience when walking into our sanctuary. One of the women who was observing at several polling stations, noticed that Hope Fellowship was a much more pleasant place than most of the other polling stations. She was quite happy to spend the majority of her time here – not only because of the more comfortable seats, but because of the warm atmosphere.
  One young man came in with his father and was very intrigued by the sight of our sound board. As a musician, he was curious to know more about what we do with it. That gave me an opportunity to invite him to experience a church service with us on a Sunday morning, and he was interested enough to consider that.
  At the end of a very long day (8 am to 11 pm) I took satisfaction in a new skill learned. But I was much more excited about the people who now know that Hope Fellowship is here. I will be on the lookout for the young man who said he wanted to come and see how we use our sound board. And though it may be the sound board that brings him here, I pray that it will be meeting Jesus that keeps him here.
- Evelyn

Comments