Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, October 28, 2012

  It was almost four years ago that I watched a crew from Classic Touch Cabinets wrestle the Info Centre through the doors and into place. Since then it has drawn many people to its counter and proven to be a huge blessing.
  I thought I would take a closer look and discover what is actually available there. The first thing I saw was a stack of new Banners, the Christian Reformed Church’s monthly, award winning magazine. Beside it were copies of the latest Today, the bi-monthly devotional published by Faith Alive, the CRC’s publishing company. Both were available for free.
  I also noticed a box full of beautiful, hand-made cards for every occasion. These, too, were free, to be used by all of us to send an encouraging note to someone needing some cheer.
  Behind the counter, I found a box of One Year Bibles, certainly the best free gift of all, available to any household that commits to using it for their personal devotions and preparing for the Sunday messages. I also found Information packets describing Hope Fellowship’s story, vision and ministries. These packets contained another free item: a CD of original songs recorded by various musicians from our church.
  There was more. There were application forms for HopePAD, to help people sign up for pre-authorized giving to the church budget. There were forms for the voucher system that allows us to buy gift cards that raise money towards reducing the mortgage. There were materials related to various conferences and agencies. I did not find any registration sheets for upcoming classes or events, but that’s where they’re located whenever we invite people to sign up for something. Finally, I saw a couple of items of inexpensive jewelry, waiting to be reclaimed by their owners.
  It was the middle of the week when I researched the Info Centre for this hopeful story, so there was no-one there to welcome me. But I know that there are always volunteers to answer your questions on Sundays. Like all of the other materials available at this central hub of activity, their advice and their welcoming smiles are also free as all things related to the good news of Christ’s love should be.
  The Info Centre was positioned there for you. Check it out.
  Finally, thank you to all the friendly volunteers who staff it every Sunday!
- Pastor Peter

Comments