Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, November 4, 2012

  Every year in October a Day of Encouragement is held in Ancaster, ON. It’s not just for leaders, but for everyone who feels that they still have something to learn on their journey of faith. At every conference there is a morning speaker, a time of worship led by a different church, workshops, displays, chat rooms, lunch, and a wide variety of workshops. A display from a Christian Reformed artist who brought her artwork for all to enjoy was a highlight at the Day of Encouragement.
  This year a number of people from Hope Fellowship attended the Day of Encouragement and here is what some had to say about their experience:
  Anthony, our chair of the deacons said: “Seeing that many people willing to give up a weekend day to learn how, find out how or just to discover something new in God's kingdom was great to be a part of.
  “I attended a workshop that dealt specifically with something I am trying to work out for the deacons and our church which really encouraged me. It didn't have all the answers and to be quite frank, it created more questions than answers. However I now have a better idea on how to approach the issue and have some resources that I did not have before I went to the Day of Encouragement.”
  Bev, who works for the Christian Reformed Church as a Diaconal Ministry Developer writes: “After seeking Gods face concerning an invitation to MC the day of Encouragement. I was blessed with two confirmations that encouraged my heart to approach this appointment with God-fearing confidence. It was a wonderful learning curve for me: over 50 teachers, more than 430 attendees, cooks, servers, displays, prayer room, chat rooms, all taking time out to equip the body of Christ Jesus with fresh insight. I spoke to a first time attendee and she claimed that this was an eye opening event—she didn't realize we did things on such a large scale. It was an Oasis to many on their Journey of Faith.”
  I was excited to hear the main speaker this year. Mark McDonald, the first Aboriginal Anglican Bishop in Canada spoke about the Christian movement in our Aboriginal communities and encouraged everyone with his stories of God’s work in everyday life. I also had a chance to listen and learn about using social media and the internet as a means of outreach.
  Traveling together can also be a source of encouragement, as you get a chance to get to know fellow church people, or just spend some time with good friends. I’m wondering who I will connect with next year and if I will have someone to travel with. Are you in? Put the date on your calendar. October 19, 2013. Let’s drive together and spend a day learning, growing and being encouraged.
- Evelyn

Comments