Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, February 19, 2012

   On Sat. Feb. 11, several people from Hope Fellowship travelled to Brighton for a GO! Missions conference. For Rebecca, one of the women who attended, a global mission conference proved to be a setting in which she gained some deeper insights into herself and how God wants her to relate to those he places in her path. 

  C.S. Lewis once wrote “There is someone I love, even though I don’t approve of what he does. There is someone I accept, even though some of his thoughts and actions revolt me. There is someone I forgive, even though he hurts the people I love the most. That person is me.”
  This past weekend a few of us from Hope went to the Go Missions conference. At this conference I asked myself, “Who am I?” Now I know we have all asked ourselves this question at least once. So then I asked myself, “Who does God want me to be?”
  By nature I am a sinner. I turn my back on God. I refuse him, reject him, and disobey him all the time. Yet I always seem to be able to justify my actions and excuse them away. So when somebody hurts me or someone I love, why is it so hard for me to forgive them? How do I deserve God’s forgiveness, but others don’t deserve mine? Simple, I don’t. Only through Gods overwhelming amount of grace, love, and humility can I know that I’m loved and forgiven.
  So yes, by nature I am a sinner, but that is not who God wants me to be. God wants me to be an example to those who don’t know Christ. 1 Corinthians 13:13 says “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” I am a sinner. There’s nothing I can do about that, but I promise to God and everybody who sins and have sinned that I will love them. I will be a sinner, who loves sinners.
- Rebecca

Comments