We had been immersed in a sermon series around our value of Bless Every Neighbour. The series sought to discover the many varied ways in which we do exactly that – 2B blessing others. We looked at BLESS is so many ways:
- we discovered that generosity within ourselves springs from the Gratitude in our hearts (Grace + Attitude);
- we discovered that Every Life Matters as we looked at the story of Jacob’s family becoming Israel;
- we learned how God the Father changed his address from the temple to our hearts so that we would bless others;
- we blessed others as they entered into fellowship with us through transfers of membership, professions of faith, and baptism, we even blessed others as they transferred away to join other families of God;
- tithing was researched to discover that everything we have belongs to God and in gratitude (there’s that word again) we give back to God in ways that benefits our family of God and beyond our four walls; and lastly,
- we were challenged to become activists and/or advocates for issues of poverty as God has spoken well over 2000 times in His Word about poverty and justice issues.
- Pastor Dale