Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, January 22, 2017

  In Philippians 4:6 we read "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

  As we think about the possibility of Pastor Dale and Gloria coming to Hope Fellowship, there's a lot of things going on: excitement, anticipation, confusion, worry - the list goes on. Let us put all of our concerns into the hands of the Lord and let Him make something beautiful out of theim.
  Pastor Dale and Gloria's visit turned out to be extraordinary. we welcomed them as we listened to their stories, shared ours, asked them meaningful questions and shared our hospitality. I don't know about you, but Pastor Dale's message on being in conversation with God daily really hit home for me. I have been praying wholeheartedly for God to speak to me, for me to hear His voice. Discerning the will of God is something I am finding difficult to grasp, yet thrilling to seek. The Bible tells us not to throw away our confidence. "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." God's perfect will is for us to seek and follow Him so that we can be with Him eternally. It is in Christ that we find hope beyond our imagination.
  As we vote this week, I pray that we all ask for God's guidance and wisdom. He is in control of the outcome but we make the decision. I want mine to be Jesus-driven.
- Kiera

Comments