Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, August 28, 2016

  A few weeks ago, I was leaving the office when I saw a car drive up to the church and a mom and son walked into the church. Not knowing who they were, and assuming they needed to use the facilities (because that’s what I assumed most strangers walking in off the street need), I was pleasantly surprised when Joy (not her real name) said the only reason they stopped in was because for over a year, each time they drove by Hope Fellowship, her son Noah (also not his real name), has been telling her that he worked here, so she figured well… if you work there we should stop in some time. Evidently, 5PM is the time moms do this sort of thing, so away we went.
  I asked Noah if he would like a tour, and he quickly said YES! I figured if he worked here, he would know his way around. He walked through the offices checking things out, and stopped at the childrens ministry desk and was captured by all the bright colours. We walked down the east wing to where all the Jam City and kid’s activities happen and he was thrilled… talking the whole time. All the while, I’m asking questions about what he did here at Hope. Finally, I asked if he wanted to see the auditorium and he said an emphatic YES! We walked in and as the lights came up, he was amazed at the room. It was then that I asked him, “Noah, where do you work when you’re here?” to my amazement he pointed to the stage and said, “Up there!” This 4 year old, now had my full attention… so I asked the obvious question, “when you’re ‘up there’, do you sing or do you talk?”… “I talk!” Noah replied.
  I left church that day wondering what this all meant, and what if Noah had been 20 years older and interested in an opening we have for someone who “talks” here at Hope!
  What is God up to?
- Brian

Comments