Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, March 20, 2016

  I find it quite interesting how it has taken almost 3 months for me to be able to write my story. But God’s timing is perfect. Sharing my story on Palm Sunday will help bring our focus to where we need to be on our journey to Good Friday.
  2015 marked the most family-focused Christmas I have ever had. My sister and I were so blessed. It was a day of ‘firsts’ for me. It was a day marked with family contact in many ways and presents under a tree with my name on them. I have never experienced so much unconditional love.
  Two days later, I was at Hope praising God. Little did I know how quickly things would change. I was at home on my couch when I was woken with the worst pain in my mid-section. It was so bad that my sister had to call for an ambulance. After 2 days in and out of emergency, I finally had a surgical consult. God sent me a devout Muslim as my surgeon. (God’s sense of humour – me being a Messianic Jew; my surgeon a devout Muslim). He expressed the need for emergency surgery to remove the gallbladder. It was in that moment that two things happened: I met my mortality face to face and I realized that I had nothing in place for my sister. He told me that I had to report for surgery on Wednesday morning.
  Thank God for Rabbi Steve’s obedience. He dropped everything to take care of my sister. I had my surgery and after a long recovery period, I am thanking God for my healing and the lessons learned along the way.
  So, the things we need to focus on this week are how quickly things can happen and that we need to be obedient to God’s promptings. The most important focus brings us to the Cross. Our vertical relationship to God and our horizontal relationships with others need to be on solid ground because when you are faced with your own mortality, relationships are all that matter!!!
- MJ



Comments