Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, September 21, 2014

  The scripture in Joel 2:25-26 came to mind when writing this story. In Joel, God speaks about restoring that which the locusts have eaten and this hopeful story is a great example.
  The week of my 50th birthday was a WOW week. I worked at a Vacation Bible School which was supported by 4 local churches. The theme was God’s Workshop of Wonders (WOW)! It was attended by 60 kids who learned how to imagine, build, grow, work, and walk with God.
  I got blessed by having a birthday lunch with the Mayor of Clarington (Adrian Foster) on the Monday. Adrian is a good friend of mine and lunch was his gift. My sister came as well. WOW! Lunch with the Mayor!
  On Tuesday, August 19th, was my actual birthday. My sister, with the help of a few friends, pulled off the ultimate surprise party! The fact that I had a party was a huge surprise! I had never had a birthday party before, so my sister decided I was going to have my first ever party. With the help of our friend Wendy, it happened. Wendy hosted it at her home and got me there under the guise of cooking dinner for me. Even when we pulled into her court, I was still clueless! I didn’t clue in until I saw the balloons in her driveway. To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement. I had never seen an outpouring of love like that for me and I was actually rendered speechless. Some friends have started a “trip fund” for me in lieu of gifts so I can go to England. WOW!!!
  The week ended with me going to the Joyce Meyer Conference. A friend blessed my sister and I by sharing her suite at the Royal York on the Friday night! WOW! But the final WOW! came when I went to buy a journal at the conference. I got blessed with an Amplified Bible ($72 value). The bible was purchased by 2 women and left for the cashier to give away at his discretion and through a conversation, he gave it to me. WOW! WOW! WOW!
- MJ



Comments