Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, September 14, 2014

  An average of thirty people came together each night last week to pray for Hope Fellowship’s six ministry zones. Praise God! Now it’s Rev Up Sunday, the day when our Zone Co-ordinators present their opportunities to become participants and volunteers. As you leave the sanctuary today, please check out their tables. Then push yourself to get involved somewhere in the church so that you will become a stronger believer, gain a greater sense of belonging and be more of a blessing to others.
  Is getting involved really worth it? Can meeting new people really help you stretch and grow? Absolutely.
  In Hawaii, for example, I grabbed the opportunity to take a two day motorcycle course. Signing up was easy. Locating all the required items required more effort. The motorcycle and helmet were provided, but it took both time and creativity to locate a long sleeved shirt, bandanas, gloves, jeans and shoes that protected my ankles. Thank goodness for thrift stores! The hardest part of the experience, however, was dealing with the unknown. Taking a one hour ride on a city bus to a distant community college. Wandering around on a strange campus until I found the right classroom. Introducing myself to perfect strangers. But it was all worth it when I revved up my borrowed motorcycle and started riding on the range. Best of all, this was the way that I met Bob, my new Japanese Hawaiian friend who linked me to a small group Bible study in Hawaii Kai.
  As I said at the outset, today is Rev Up Sunday at Hope Fellowship. We’re revving up for a great new church year. I hope that God will give you the courage to try something new, even something that takes you out of your comfort zone. In my experience, that’s the only way people grow, like plants transplanted to larger pots where there is more room for roots to go deeper and become stronger.
  See you at the tables in the lobby. And give yourself a push!
- Pastor Peter



Comments