Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, January 19, 2014

  On Wednesday night, four participants in the latest New Members Class professed their faith to the Pastoral Elders. It was a powerful evening as Lori, Michael, Kiera and Alexis shared their testimonies. Each had a compelling story about the journey that God has led them on, stories that they will share with the entire congregation on Stand Up Sunday, April 27. A fifth person, Janice, was unable to be with us due to an illness in her family that caused her to go to the Maritimes temporarily. But, Lord willing and health permitting, she will soon be back and profess her faith with everyone else on the last Sunday in April.
  Now I’m ready to start the next New Members Class. I hope to begin on Wednesday, February 5. And I hope that many will come.
  Who am I hoping to see?
  I hope that I will be joined by some teenagers, especially those who are close to graduating from Grade 12 and preparing to go to College or University. Making a public stand for Jesus before leaving home will set them on a good course.
  I hope that I will be joined by those who are wondering what to think about Christianity and the Christian Reformed Church. The New Members Class welcomes questions.
  I hope that I will be joined by believers who have come to Hope Fellowship from different denominations or non-denominational churches. The New Members Class can help us be on the same page spiritually in our new church family.
  Finally, I hope that I will be joined by those who know that they want to profess their faith, to be baptized or re-affirm their faith after a lapse in their walk with the Lord. It is Jesus himself who invited us to acknowledge him publicly before others.
  With the goal in mind of saying “Yes” to the Lord, please consider joining me for the next eight session class. You can sign up at the Info Desk or e-mail me at pastor@hopefellowship.ca.
- Pastor Peter



Comments