Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, October 7, 2012

  Hey everybody, I have been in San Pedro, Belize for almost 5 weeks now. It’s hard to believe how quickly time goes by here and how much I’ve learned in the short time I have been here. I can already start to see and feel God working in my life, challenging me in difficult situations that can make me feel uncomfortable or self-conscious.
  I personally want to say “thank you” to everyone who has encouraged and supported me through this new journey in my life. Thank you for all the prayers and financial assistance. I’m also thankful to God for the amazing support team with which I have been blessed.
  God has really put in my heart that I'm here for a greater purpose and I know this is right where I need to be. Coming into this leadership discipleship training school, I didn't know exactly what to expect. So far I have been learning to rely on God, preaching about him to others, learning to pray by praying and being challenged academically. In the mornings as a group we do devotions and worship together, followed by daily lectures from guest speakers each week. I have never heard teaching so aimed at changing the way a person lives. Every class talk focuses on our walk with God.
  Last week I learned that I will be living in Venezuela during our outreach phase. As yet, we don't know any details about our missions trip, so please pray for organization, safety, and the financial needs of the students. To prepare, we have made several trips into town to practice our missions on the locals. By the way, it’s not all work and studying; I have also had the privilege of exploring extra-curricular activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, and sailing.
  God has truly been blessing me here, and I look forward to learning much more about him and how I can make a difference with my life. Thank you again for the encouragement and support, I could not do it on my own.
- Lauren Doorenspleet

Comments