Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, July 15, 2012

  I had an incredible experience on Canada Day 2012! I was enjoying a vacation day from my normal pulpit duties at Lighthouse Baptist Church, Courtice, so I made it known to the leadership at Hope Fellowship Church in Courtice that I would be worshipping with them that Sunday.
  I purposely didn't "check in" with the church leadership when I arrived with my family because the purpose of my visit was to worship as a visitor with the people of God. I figured it would be a kind gesture if the Pastor simply mentioned that I was visiting and worshipping with them. The Pastor exceeded and went beyond all my expectations and welcomed me as a brother and fellow labourer in the kingdom. I was invited to the platform alongside the Pastor and I was honoured to pray for the written requests of the flock. I was deeply moved to be asked by the shepherd to team with him to pray for the people of God. Here are some items that are noteworthy:
  • I've learned that a humble gracious pastor is a gift to any church. The pastor at Hope Fellowship is not only a gem; he is a gentleman! 
  • I've learned that church leaders ought not "fear" or be "suspicious" if another clergy visits their local assembly. The visit from another clergy is for reflection, refreshment and worship. 
  • I've learned that it builds bonds between the brethren if the leadership not only welcomes other clergy but offers to team with visiting clergy for the care of their flock. 
  • I've learned that one can experience ahead of time what it will be like when people from every tribe, tongue, nation, etc. gather around the throne of God in worship.
 
  I'm planning to visit another church in Courtice for my next vacation Sunday in August. I encourage the other clergy in the area to consider dropping into another church in Courtice and experience the joy of bonding and fellowship. A warm welcome awaits any of the clergy in the area to our worship service at Lighthouse.

Pastor Garry Francis
Lighthouse Baptist Church
Courtice

Comments