Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, February 10, 2019

  The call came one evening in February. “Would you let your name stand for Pastoral Care Elder?” I wasn't sure if they had the right person, but after prayer and consideration, I hesitantly said yes, feeling very unprepared.
  I was right, I wasn’t prepared - what I wasn’t prepared for was the opportunity that came my way.
  I was not prepared for how accepting you were to hear from me, your pastoral care elder, and how I was invited into your lives and into your prayers, into your joys and into your sorrows.
  I was not prepared to look forward to meetings with the pastor and other elders who supported and encouraged me as I settled into my role at Hope.
  The truth of the Word of God was be played out—”we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Eph 2:10) It started with God and He went ahead of me. He set the stage, making it easy to do what was right and at just the right time. More often I would reach out and the person I was hoping to connect with would say that it was perfect timing for our conversation!
  I realized that God’s Word was my source and my strength. I realized that prayer was indeed central to this ministry. I realized that God’s power is made perfect in weakness. I was not prepared, but He showed me who was really in charge and what can be done with an obedient, even hesitant, heart.
  When the call comes your way, you may not feel prepared, but be assured, you will get everything you need from Our Father in Heaven.
- Yolanda

Comments