Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, November 4, 2018

  When I woke up on Labour Day Sunday, I thought about how my life was totally in God’s hands – both the big and the little things. Pastor Dale’s sermon on Sunday talked about Paul’s confidence and how God would fulfil HIS promises, even through suffering. I had been suffering from heaviness in my chest and shortness of breath since our trip to Maine in the summer. I decided to book an appointment with a cardiologist, which was STRONGLY encouraged by my family.
  I saw him within 2 days (which is quite rare) and was told I needed an angiogram. One week later I was at Centenary Hospital, being hooked up to so many wires it made my head spin. This wonderful, nurse-angel, Cynthia (not her real name) made David and I laugh and provided me with warm blankets every two minutes.
  After David and I prayed, I went into surgery. I came out an hour later with another surgery booked for an angioplasty the next day, to take care of a blocked artery, which was 99% blocked. I wasn’t looking forward to doing this again but that’s when my angel came and gave me a bug hug, telling me that she would be there for me the next day.
  On my way to the hospital I felt an amazing calmness come over me and I knew that my family and friends were all praying for me. When we arrived at the hospital we found out that Dr. B, who had put David’s three stents in, would be doing my operation as well. Wow, how great is our Lord!
  As I knew him well, I asked him if I could start playing tennis again. As he was preparing for surgery, he didn’t respond right away, but finally he said yes, to keep me quiet, I assumed.
  The surgery went so well I was released to go home the same day.
  As I sat in church three days later, I couldn’t stop the tears from flowing as I was so thankful that we have an awesome God. (Twenty six days later I was on the court with my tennis racket, praising God).
- Connie

Comments