Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, Oct 29, 2017

  On October 1st, I was shocked and humbled to be recognized for 20 years of teaching JAM City. Words had escaped me then, but now I have words to share.
  First of all, I have to thank Joan for her thoughtfulness in picking such a beautiful sculpture. It reminds me a lot of our baptismal font and it is so appropriate.
Every time a child is baptized we as a congregation are asked to “love, encourage, and support these brothers and sisters … in fellowship, prayer and service”. When we make this pledge, I am reminded of the responsibility to our children to be examples to them and nurture their faith. It often reminds me of the verse: “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” It is for these reasons, that I am happy to be a part of JAM City.
  I also thank Joan for her support to all JAM City teachers. She makes our job so easy on Sunday morning because of all the hard work she does during the week.
  I also want to thank all the parents of the children today and parents of the children who I’ve taught in the past for allowing me to lead your children. Through the years, I have learned that it is a blessing to be able to serve God, in any capacity, and I go home happy to be a part of JAM City. It is difficult to convey how much of a blessing your children are and have been to me.
  I have many memories of JAM City, but the most memorable ones are always the Christmas program. Our children work hard preparing for it and love being on stage. It is by far the most rewarding experience for me and is my favourite service of the year.
  Through the years, I have served with many dedicated and passionate people, including past Sunday school leaders like Nicole and Carrie . For those who have never taught JAM City, I encourage you to consider it or another part of our children’s ministry. It’s not hard and it is a fulfilling way to keep our promise to God and our children.
- Paul D

Comments