Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, June 5, 2016

  "But this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in Him." John 9:3. We heard this verse when Kevin Makins preached a few weeks ago.
  My first thought was of when our daughter Amy was born. She was born with gastroschisis, and many of you have heard some of our story with her. We see the works of God displayed in Amy’s life everyday, but some days we are more reminded than others. Hip dysplasia is routinely checked for in every baby when they're born, but with all Amy's other concerns, it was undiagnosed until she was four months old. (How it was discovered is another miracle that I don’t have space to get into here!) We started treatment for the hip dysplasia and every time we saw the doctor, he was amazed at the rate her hips were healing. I remember the doctor saying at several appointments, "I was certain she would need surgery from her first ex-rays, but everything is healing perfectly." I always replied that she had many, many people praying for her.
  Amy continues to go to the orthopedic clinic at Sick Kids every three years so they can check on her hips as she grows. The last time we went, when Amy was 6, I asked Amy if she even knew she had problems with her hips and she didn't. I remember laughing out loud. Our daughter had healed so well, she didn't even know what she had been through.
  We went back for another check up in the beginning of May this year. Again the doctor could not believe how well she is doing, that she does not have any pain and that she is able to be an active nine year old. They want to check her again in three years, just to make sure everything is still alright. I'll bring her back, with joy, because I trust that God will use the next appointment to give me another opportunity to boast in Him and the healing He has done!
- Patricia

Comments