Skip to main content

Hopeful Story, November 1, 2015

  At the last minute, I received a fabulous opportunity through Hope Fellowship: to attend the Global Leadership Summit on October 22nd and 23rd. Though I, like many others, don’t often qualify myself as a leader, I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn something new.
  The first two morning sessions on the first day were incredible. After lunch with other Hope Fellowship attendees with exhilarating conversation, I drove back to Liberty Church for Session 3. As I pulled into the church parking lot, the three cars in front of me all drove past a parking spot right near where the security aids were standing. I considered myself lucky and backed in. After getting out of the car, both gentlemen approached me and informed me that my rear passenger tire was flat! Instant panic set in, since I had plans immediately after the seminar that day, and I did not have CAA coverage. Wayne, one of the men working security, told me “No problem. I have CAA, they can patch it for you. Go inside and watch the next seminar. We’ll let you know if there are any problems.” I numbly handed over my keys and my card, and headed inside for another speaker. Halfway through the session, my phone buzzed: “Your tire is fixed! Wayne.” After the session ended, I picked up my keys from him and thanked him profusely.
  I thank God, too, for had I not parked near where the security was standing, I would have not noticed the tire until I went to leave at 5pm. I would have been stranded at 5pm, late for my other engagements, and facing far more serious damage to the tire rim and not just the tire. If one of those three cars had taken that spot, I would not have known the trouble I was in for. And if Wayne hadn’t had CAA’s free patch up service, I’d have had to pay for a tow as well as the $40 patch fee at Canadian Tire.
  Wayne stopped me the next day to ask how the car was. I told him the tire was getting fixed up that morning. His kind words and helpful support provided such help that I was still able to attend the conference and not worry about my car.
  The culprit? A small half inch screw. It sits on my bedside table to remind me that God provides in times of trouble, no matter how small or how big.
- Megan

Comments